Tags: camellia, cosmetic, drugs, everyonei, health, medications, noxema, oil, plain, plastic, pure, regimine, remembered, silkia, skincare, surgery
Silkia vs. plain pure Camellia Oil
I've recently started a skincare regimine after not ever really having one other than Noxema in the shower when I remembered.
I made some changes and have been experimenting with different mineral makeups and such and read about Expidermx & camellia oil here.
I bought the Silkia Oil and fell in love with it immediently. I used it on my elbows one night and noticed the difference the next day! Epidermx is also a really nice product and I love the way it makes my face feel!
Anyway, I am a soap maker & dabble in making cosmetics as well so I decided to buy some pure camellia oil from my soap & cosmetic supplier - 100% pure, etc - 16 oz for $14.00.
I noticed right away the color was darker than Silkia. I tried a spot of Silkia next to a spot of the other stuff and noticed it is a tad bit "thicker" than Silkia. I also tried it on my face and it was definately thicker and I had a pimple the next day (of course, that could be completely coincidental!)
I just wanted to post this for the few that may be wondering (please note, I don't know about other cosemtic camellia oil brands)
As for myself, I have since been using the generic pure for my legs after I shave, my arms, feet and just about everywhere else without any problems and it makes my body feel sooo silky, soft and nourished. I'm hoping I can find a good lotion recipe I can use it in!
But as far as my face goes, I'll stick with the Silkia.
Thanks for all the great info you all provide here and turning me in the direction of some great skin products!
Since finding some of the tips, oil and expidermx, I don't have to wear that much makeup anymore and that's just simply amazing!
I'm still on the quest for the perfect mineral makeup, but that will come in time!
Leave a comment...
- 7 Comments
- Yeah I love the Silkia oil also. It's light but feels smoother and more luxurious than other oils I have used, and it leaves me face a great glow, which I don't seem to get from other oils. My skin has changed so much for the better since using it and Epidermx, and I also don't need to wear much makeup, even concealer, any more. My skin color is all even and bright.
I don't use any mineral makeup. My friends say Jane Iredale and Bare Minerals are the best.#1; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 19:03:00 GMT
- I've tried other supposedly-high-end camellia oils and none compares to Silkia. I've been using it on my face and neck for over a year. A few months ago, I started using it on my arms and hands and also on my legs after shaving too.
It's worked miracles on my oily face and neck. It's also greatly lightened the age spots on my arms and hands and has eliminated the ugly calluses on my elbows. I cant sing its praises enough.#2; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 19:04:00 GMT
- where does one get silkia oil? TIA!!#3; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 19:05:00 GMT
- The rules here prohibit my telling you where to find it. Sorry!#4; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 19:06:00 GMT
- So I just researched this Silikia Camellia oil... and it sounds great except apparently it "stimulates hair growth."
Is that true?
I was planning on maybe buying some to moisturize my skin better. My skin dries out soooo quickly and I HAVE to apply lotion right after I shower otherwise I flake/peel all over. Yuk!
I usually use a combination of baby oil and Nivea which works great, but since this Silkia oil sounds better I wanted to try that...
Except I DO NOT want it to stimulate hair growth. The last thing I need is more body hair growing longer and thicker.
So is that true? Does this oil make your hair grow more?... because if it is I'm not gonna bother buying it.
Oh, and is there any other place one can get it other than the Internet?#5; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 19:07:00 GMT
- I have been using it for over a year and never have any hair growth on my face. They must mean stimulating hair that grows on your head. Even so I doubt the hair would grow that easily.#6; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 19:08:00 GMT
- Oh ok, good.
So is there any other place I can buy it other than the Internet? I'm sure it's unlikely that you can find it at a drug store or something but I'm just wondering anyway.#7; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 19:09:00 GMT