Tags: article, clothes, clothing, cosmetic, depending, drugs, health, laundryi, medications, plastic, silly, surgery, wear
Silly Question About Clothes
My question is, how many times can you wear an article of clothing, depending on what kind of clothing it is, before you put it in the laundry?
I know this may sound strange, but when I was very little I used to put all my clothes straight into the laundry after I took them off. My mom told me it wasn't necessary to do this. I think I have been confused ever since! haha Obviously socks and underwear go straight to the wash, but bras(2 wears?), jeans(2?), shirts(1?), sweaters(2-3?)? How many wears can you get out of them (providing you don't spill or get anything dirty)?
I promise I'm not that nieve, I just want to make sure I'm not being over hygenic.
Leave a comment...
- 7 Comments
- I don't think there is such a thing as being overly hygenic! I think you're right on though. Jeans I'll wear a couple of times before I wash them, sweaters 2-3, I usually wash t-shirts and such right after because I get deordorant marks in the arms.#1; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 17:39:00 GMT
- It sounds like you have a great plan for your washing, it sounds like mine as well. Your story reminded me of my daughter. When she was living at home and in H.S. she would always everyday throw everything she wore into the laundry. I also told her she could get more wear out of a pair of jeans than once. That yes always change her underwear and socks and since she sweat a lot to always have her shirts and sweaters in the laundry as well. Now that she is on her own she tells me she understands why she didn't need to wash her jeans everyday. :) She doesn't really like washing and drying them either. lol. My jeans can even go longer than 2 days if you are like me. A homemaker and don't get out all the much so they don't even get a chance to get dirty. But in the Summer I am outside a lot and I am working in the flower beds, working with our dogs and mowing grass, I get very dirty then. I go through a lot of shorts and shirts. :) and several showers a day since I exercise a lot as well. I walk in the mornings, so I need a shower after.. I work outside all day, get filty, need another shower... then I walk again or use the treadmill and weights, get all sweaty, hense.. another shower. Not only does our water bill go up in the Summer but so does my ironing. lol. I do dry most of our stuff outside though. That helps.
Take care and have a great day.
Diane#2; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 17:40:00 GMT
- There are certain times I wish my jeans right away (if it's a hot day, etc) but usually I'll try to wear them about twice, sometimes three times if I want them to stretch a bit.
T-shirts, undies, socks, etc I only wear once.. but things like PJ's I will wear more often since they stay clean. I also wear bras more than once.. but if I'm all sweaty and stuff I will wash them sooner than later. I guess it all depends.. I have certain things that stretch out when I wear them so I have to wash them right away.. and sometimes jackets end up smelling like outside and I wash them often.#3; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 17:41:00 GMT
- Geez, guys. I wear my jeans way more than just two times before washing... I think as long as they are not dirty and sweaty or whatever then it's okay to wear them.#4; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 17:42:00 GMT
- Geez, guys. I wear my jeans way more than just two times before washing... I think as long as they are not dirty and sweaty or whatever then it's okay to wear them.
I agree. Jeans are fine to wear several times. I don't know anyone who washes their jeans daily, or right after wearing them once. I've only known one person who does that... or claimed to do that. I don't see the big deal so long as there aren't stains all over and everything.
I personally don't have the time or the money to go shopping constantly. And lets face it, after washing them a few times most jeans fade significantly (yuk). I'm not into overly faded and torn jeans. I'd rather wear them several times than wash and lose them. I get attached to certain jeans very quickly and it's tough to find a replacement.#5; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 17:43:00 GMT
- I would say twice for most things. But I am constantly spilling food down the front of my shirt or pants so sometimes just once.
Also, with shirts a lot of deodorants stain white and that right there makes you have to wash it sooner whether it's dirty or not.#6; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 17:44:00 GMT
- I'm glad to see we're all on the same page! I felt a little funny about posting the question, but im glad I did.
Thanks!:)#7; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 17:45:00 GMT